Launch event of EuroCohort: Growing Up in Europe
Today, at an event in Brussels we will make the case for the new Growing Up in Europe Survey as developed by The European Cohort Development Project (ECDP) and show how insights from Growing Up in Europe will support better policy-making and impact on the lives of children and young people. Highlights include:
- Keynotes from Dominic Richardson - Chief, Social Policy and Economic Analysis UNICEF Office of Research-Innocenti and Jana Hainsworth - Secretary General Eurochild
- A session on future policy trends on children and young people’s wellbeing
- A Q&A with key members of the Growing Up in Europe team
- A summing up by Dominik Sobczak (ESFRI Executive Secretary, European Commission)
- Next Steps with Professor Gary Pollock, the Project Director
Throughout the event we will hear from young people on what wellbeing in Europe means to them.
This conference brings together key stakeholders, national, European and international level policy-makers, funding bodies and academics. It is the culmination of the Horizon2020 Design Study, part of the process of developing a new European Research Infrastructure in which a pan-European, longitudinal cohort study of children and young people will gather new, comparative data on child and youth wellbeing in Europe.