Designing Evidence-Informed Policy
Our interest in Evidence Based Policy or Evidence Informed Policy extends beyond supplying high quality evidence to inform the policy-making process. Our staff also work with policy-makers and service managers to develop and implement new policy across the whole policy-making cycle. Current policy work includes:
- examining the implications of the ‘crime drop’ for policy;
- exploring how the criminal justice system might learn from and apply models of ‘personalisation’ developed in the Health and Social Care Sector;
- developing a UK-specific model of Justice Reinvestment;
- Analysing the potential for greater market testing in the criminal justice system, including the use of Payment by Results and Social Impact Bonds; and
- Identifying different approaches to financing social innovation.